The laws entangling employers are complex and constantly changing. The more employees you have, the more laws, regulations, processes, and procedures tend to dominate your day. We help employers draft protective but easy-to-use documents, design practical compliance programs, train managers on the law, handle disputes with employees, and help implement policies, procedures and benefit programs designed to enhance and grow your business. We also represent a range of professionals, including officers of national banks and publicly traded companies, physicians, attorneys, and other executives.
For employers, we:
- Assist with drafting and revising employee handbooks, policies, and contracts
- Handle EEOC and DOL charges and audits
- Draft non-competition covenants and severance agreements
- Conduct training on topics including hiring, discipline, harassment and discrimination, ADA/FMLA/Workers’ Compensation, employee terminations, and diversity
- Provide day-to-day support to in-house counsel and human resources professionals
- Defend against ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, and Title VII claims in arbitration as well as state and federal courts
- Perform employment law compliance audits
- Conduct thorough investigations into alleged corporate or executive misconduct
For professionals, we:
- Negotiate contracts and benefits packages
- Craft exit strategies
- Resolve contract and workplace disputes
We know that a regular and comprehensive program of employment law compliance is important, but it can also be expensive. Many of our business clients find that one of the alternative fee arrangements we offer are the best approach for their organization.