Healthcare is intensely regulated. Laws change constantly and providers face significant penalties for noncompliance. Even so, providers often struggle to find experienced, qualified legal advice in this niche area of law. We assist independent medical, surgical, and other healthcare related practices with their regulatory compliance, employment and healthcare law needs, as well as general business counsel. When healthcare providers partner with us, they can focus on what matters most to their practice: patient care.
We work closely with you to understand your goals, so that we can draft and negotiate language that will be most beneficial for you. Specifically, we will:
- Review, negotiate, and draft contracts
- Advise you on the merger, sale, or acquisition of your practice or another physician practice
- Negotiate managed care contracts with commercial insurance companies to improve your practice’s bottom line
- Advise you on alternative contract models and arrangements based upon quality and performance metrics, outcomes, and risk sharing
- Help you in concierge medicine, direct primary care, and direct-to-employer healthcare arrangements, including the establishment of your new practice
We help ensure your practice maintains regulatory compliance. Specifically, we will:
- Help you develop and manage enterprise-level HIPAA compliance programs, business associate agreements, a notice of privacy practices, risk assessments, data breach response, and internal audits
- Advise, review, prevent, and assist you with an approach to reduce regulatory risk by complying with state and federal health care statutes and regulations that are designed to safeguard government health programs from fraud and abuse
- Assist clients with Medicare and Medicaid compliance activities, including program design, internal investigations, and responses to government investigations and inquiries
- Help implement a plan to comply with Information Blocking rules designed to give patients timely access to their medical information
We understand that your primary focus is patient care. While you see patients, let us handle the rest. As outside general counsel for your health organization, we act as an extension of your team: providing strategies that help you protect the practice you have worked so hard to build, as well as plan for its future. We’ll get to know your business: its structure, people, operations, and goals. After analyzing your legal needs, we select attorneys from across our multiple practice areas to work closely with your executive team, human resources department, in-house counsel, or whomever makes sense within your organization. Together, we’ve got you covered.
Every healthcare provider’s legal needs are unique. If your organization's goals aren’t well served by a traditional hourly billing arrangement, we offer alternative fee arrangements.