Jared Gardner is a business and employment litigator with extensive experience in multiple Federal and state courts, including North Carolina’s Business Court. Jared’s experience includes corporate governance, shareholder and partnership disputes, fiduciary liability, consumer class action defense, franchisor/franchisee disputes, business buy/sells, commercial loan transactions, insurance coverage and bad faith, and unfair competition. Jared’s practice also involves employment advice, counsel and litigation, including executive hiring and departures, litigation involving non-competition/solicitation agreements, defense against claims of virtually every type of alleged discrimination and harassment, and federal and state wage and hour law. Jared is dedicated to client service, striving to provide not merely favorable results but good counsel and, above all, value.
Jared's Practice Areas
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley Law, J.D., 1999
- San Diego State University, B.S., 1996
- North Carolina State Bar
- California State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of California
- Special admissions to practice in the courts of South Carolina, Texas, Maryland and Tennessee
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar
Awards and more
- Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite: 2016, 2021 – 2023
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: 2012 – 2023
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Jared loves to win in court, but he knows that sometimes a “win” in court can cost the client more than legal fees. Disputes also have other consequences – damage to relationships, stress and lost business opportunities. Each step of the way, Jared helps clients consider not only how to win in court but how to advance their overall business, personal and legal interests. Jared encourages clients to carefully consider how the various aspects of litigation can impact them and their business, as well as their personal and family life. In short, an all-things-considered approach to achieve your unique victory.
Making a Difference
Jared has been for many years a volunteer Legal Aid of North Carolina’s Lawyer on the Line Program. The lawyer on the Line Program matches people in need with attorneys willing to help. Jared is honored to serve as one such volunteer attorney who has helped dozens of clients throughout the years.
More about Jared
In his spare time, Jared enjoys working with his hands fixing and building things. As one such accomplishment, he built a palatial chicken run for eight of the, as he describes them, most spoiled chickens in the Northern hemisphere.